All You Need to Know About Restricted Licenses

To improve the quality of teen drivers, the state of Florida has adopted a Graduated Driving Licensing (GDL) program. According to this program, the applicant must obtain a learner’s permit before they can apply for a Florida driver’s license. A learner’s permit in Florida is also known as restricted license.

Requisites to apply for a learner’s permit:

  • You must be 15 years of age
  • You must complete a Traffic Laws and Substance Abuse Education (TLSAE) This course is also referred to as the Driver’s Ed. Proof that you completed the course will be required during the time of application.
  • You may be required to pay a fee of $48 for class E license, which is inclusive of the learner’s permit.
  • You will have to provide parental consent for your application if you are a minor. If you are under 18 years and unmarried, a parent or legal guardian must sign your driver’s license application in the presence of the license examiner.
  • Proof of identity, social security number and proof of residential address is essential.
  • Before you get your learner’s permit you are required to pass a DMV test. You can either take the test online or attend it in person and take a written test your local DMV office.
  • Pass a vision and hearing test

A learner’s permit comes with a set of restrictions, and not abiding by them may lead to a Florida suspended license. With the restricted license, you are permitted to drive only during the day for the first 3 months. After the first 3 months, you are permitted to drive between 6:00 am and 10:00 pm. You have to be accompanied by licensed driver who is at least 21 years old at all times!

During this period you should not acquire any traffic tickets in Florida and penalties on your record. If you are caught for a moving violation and receive a speeding ticket in Florida for instance, you could face:

  • Suspended permit
  • Possible points added to your record
  • Ticket fines and penalties

If you have received a ticket for a moving violation consult an experienced traffic ticket attorney who can represent you in court. Speak to the expert lawyers., don’t pay your ticket – an experienced attorney can fight it!

We will be happy to hear your thoughts

Leave a reply